If you are selling a house as is you are probably not interested in fixing your home or you are not interested in spending the money to remodel the home. Honestly, fixing a home is a pain if you haven’t done it before and is still a headache if you have remodeled a house in the past. Not to mention the price to remodel a home is very very very expensive. There are a lot of homebuyers out there, but who can you trust and who will give you the best price for your home as is? If you have made the choice to sell your house as is, here’s what you need to know to get the best price for your home in today’s market.
Tips to selling a house as is:
1. Do your own home inspection before selling your house as is. This way you know exactly what needs to be remodel or repaired within your home. Also, when you know what you are talking about it’s harder for a homebuyer to take advantage of you.
2. Don’t try to hide repairs when selling a house as is. Eventually, everything comes to the surface. If a potential buyer finds out you have been trying to hide repairs during their inspection, things can get ugly.
3. Be honest with yourself and your potential homebuyer. No one likes surprises when it comes to selling a home. To avoid looking dishonest to your potential homebuyer about what needs repair or doesn’t need repair, it’s best to always tell the truth. For instance, if you know the roof is old and needs to be replaced, just say it.
4. Don’t do the ole, “It will only costs….to fix this house.” Trust us, we have been buying and fixing houses for over 30 years and we know exactly what things costs. When home sellers say it will only cost ten to fifteen thousands dollars to fix and remodel an entire house, we know they have never fixed a house before. Remember, to get top of the market value for your home you need to at least have granite counter tops, new kitchen cabinets, new hardwood flooring, new plumbing fixtures, new lighting fixtures, dual pane energy efficient windows throughout, newer HVAC system, new paint inside and out, great landscaping, completely remodeled bathrooms, etc.
5. Lastly, find a homebuyer you can trust when selling a house as is. What you want is a real homebuyer not a pretender. If you want to know how to tell the difference between a real homebuyer and a fake homebuyer please read this we buy houses guide. Do you want a really high price you never get? Or a price that makes sense from a homebuyer who actually has the money? At Sell My House Faster Los Angeles, we are a true investment company that buys houses directly from home seller’s no matter the home’s condition or home selling situation. Please visit us at sellmyhousefaster.la or visit our main site to read more about selling a house as is.